1) I had a male student teasingly call his male friend beautiful, but to the entire class, it looked like he was calling me beautiful. He turned bright red, and tried to explain away his actions.
2) I had a parent looked really confused the whole time I talked to her about her student. Suddenly she had this look of realization on her face as she said, "Oh! You're a teacher?"
3) I find myself shushing people a lot more and asking people to be quiet outside of school in a very teacherly tone.
4) Very similarly, when I was talking to my brother Devin the other day, I found myself saying, "I need you to pay attention when I am talking," when he started texting on his cell phone. I was totally not meaning to act like a teacher, but I say that to my students all the time and it just came out! Ahhh! I hope I don't do that again.
4 comments:
you blogged??? are you planning on doing this a lot now? cause you updated your background...seems like you're down to business.
ha your background changed as u typed that last comment.
i meant i. i'm typing one handed.
um it changed again. does it just do that? cause that would be cool.
Post a Comment