Bear with me...
Well...I like my new story better. When I started working for Nebo School District, the district called to inform me that my email address would not be the typical email address (firstname.lastname@nebo.edu) because there was, unfortunately, another Ashley Christensen that worked for the district. I was somewhat bothered because I knew that I would/will probably spend the rest of my career in Nebo not getting all of my email. I sent her an email asking if she would forward all of my email onto me. Easy enough. Well...after the first week of receiving my email from her, I was soooo confused because a ton of the email she sent me really wasn't mine. I wondered if she was just stupid and didn't realize it was actually hers. Instead, I googled "Ashley Christensen Nebo School District" and discovered that...haha...there was actually a third Ashley Christensen that worked for the district. I called this Ashley to let her know that I would be forwarding her email onto her. We couldn't let the first Ashley do this because there was no way for her to know which emails belonged to which Ashley. I thought my story was too funny not to share, so I told the attendance secretary, Mrs. Christensen (who also gets confused with me although her name isn't Ashley), my story. Her son was there visiting her, and he informed me that his wife, Mrs. Christensen's daughter-in-law, was also named Ashley Christensen, and that she also worked for the district but had opted out of having a district email address. Thus, she was a fourth Ashley Christensen who worked for the district. He also quickly told me a story about how he and his wife moved into an apartment that had previously been rented by a male Ashley Christensen! Well, the fourth Ashley Christensen story checked out when I couldn't log into the district's subfinder system and had to call and figure out why. Sure enough, the person in charge informed that there were four Ashley Christensens working for the district, causing a lot of confusion. Four Ashley Christensens who are all teachers! I wonder if any of these Ashleys are the same Ashleys from the first story. So much for having an original name.
4 comments:
Yeah, Ashley was the #1 name in my grade in high school, I swear. But at least they had different last names so we could just call them by that name.
I confess I have emailed the wrong "you" in the past. But I got it now. No one mixes me up other teachers, but sometimes students ask if I'm related to the teacher down in the D-hall (who is also me). I say, "yes, we're like sisters with the same fingerprints."
What a crazy story. I told you the first one, but four Ashley Christensens at Nebo??? Good luck keeping all of your information straight.
I'm glad to say I've never had this problem. Never. Ever. Haha.
On a different note, it will be extra exciting for you when you get married, I guess. You will get to start over with a whole new, not-so-repeated name. Yay.
Post a Comment